View Single Post
Old 01-6-2011, 07:37 PM   #72
fido123
FFR Player

Default Re: Worst Artists Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoochan View Post
First off, to all of you Nicki haters, do you even like rap? Because if you can't appreciate the entire genre then obviously you wouldn't like her. She has an amazing flow and rhythm for a girl and she rips up a lot of her songs. She KILLED "Monster". Absolutely KILLED it. That song would've been shit without her.

Katy Perry is so freaking catchy, it's so hard not to like her. Plus, she is amazingly hot which definitely makes up for whatever talent she's missing. <3 her tits

Gaga, Kesha, and Bieber are garbage. Can't disagree with that.

Also, Deadmau5 is terribly overrated. I never understood why he was so critically-acclaimed. He has like one song that will be remembered forever and that's "Strobe". The majority of his other songs are too repetitive and he needs to cut it down. I'll admit, the content is good, but he just needs to stop looping it so many times and progress the song quicker.
Your posts started out saying if you don't like a genre you shouldn't judge the artists in them but later in your post you pretty much did what you were talking about. I can't stand listening to Katey Parry or 99% of rap, but I can still say they're good artists. Not that I go out of my way to listen to her in any way but I actually like Lady Gaga, and Kesha. I personally like how Deadmau5's songs are long cause it makes the drops even better. I don't see how he's overrated considering hardly anybody who listens to mainstream music knows about him. Electronic artists are usually extremal underrated and I'm glad to see one get the respect he deserves, as he's extremely talented.

The vast majority of posters in this thread are getting "bad" mixed up with "dislike", and this had been said before but apparently a lot of people are incapable of reading anything but the OP and the last post.

My honest personal opinion, out of all mainstream artists would be Lil'Wayne. Perhaps I just don't get rap but it honestly seems like he walks into a recording studio on cough syrup high as fuck and just starts talking in front of the microphone to a beat somebody else made in FL studio's in 3 minutes.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote