View Single Post
Old 01-4-2011, 12:28 PM   #22
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Default Re: "Male" games vs. "Female" games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
I assumed women don't find competition and winning as meaningful because, generally speaking, they usually don't. What is true in general is not always going to be true in an individual's case, like yours.
Whoa whoa whoa...you can't get any cause and effect of women finding competition and winning as much of a drive because they don't 'win'. Generally speaking, most men, as individuals, don't 'win' either, because there can only be 1 winner in a competition that often has multiple competitors. Mathematically it is just not possible. I do not even agree that proportionally to the number of women/men who play, that women win less. I would believe it, but I could certainly see it going the other way too. Its not even a logical leap to say that women win less, therefore they won't even try. Trying leads to winning, not the other way around. What you said would also mean that men who lose often won't play the games either, which again, doesn't make sense due to the fact that not everyone can win.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote