View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 05:28 PM   #71
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles
Default Re: "Why should I never buy a Mac?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
Wait what? I see a picture on the internet I want; all i have to do is drag it to my desktop and it's there. I love that. The screen looks beautiful. I love that. Everything about the way macs feel is so clean. I love it. The shortcuts are super fast and convenient and, you guessed it, I love that. Macs are really nice. I love em. If I owned one I could tell you more, but the reasons I've given are enough to make me like a mac laptop specifically, more than any other laptop I've ever used without question. In fact, I find using other laptops a hassle when I recall the convenience of a mac. Sleek and convenient. Love em.
You can do all of that on windows. I just tried. Except for the screen part, idk if MBP screens are different somehow. Though mine looks like ass because I tend to abuse my laptops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashfan3 View Post
Mac is a sleek and shiny Porsche 911, for $75000. You're not going to be hauling rocks or pulling trailers with a Porsche, but it's fast as hell.
This analogy kind of sucks because Macs aren't particularly fast, nor are Windows computers particularly powerful compared to the other. The Mac towers get ridiculously powerful and come to think of it speed tends to equate to power in computing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
Apple's OS's are very reasonably priced though. I think it's more than fair to dish out like $30. http://www.amazon.com/Mac-OS-Version.../dp/B000FK88JK
True, but my point was that you can buy or assemble a computer compatible with OS X rather than actually buying a Mac for triple the price.

Last edited by MrGiggles; 12-27-2010 at 05:34 PM..
MrGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote