View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 05:45 AM   #168
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Official Tier Point System Thread

Alright, I've been thinking about this all day and have come up with what I 'think' is the best tier system we can have:

Tiers are nothing more than skill ranks, like how in Halo you can go from private to Captain to General, and COD has similar ranks too. I think we should make a 6 tier system, each tier having it's own 'badge' displayed on your profile, where everyone who joins FFR starts at 'Novice' Tier. Certain tier point standards, like usual, are set to determine what tier you're in.

The tiers req songs would include ALL songs of difficulty 65 and up. Each song has tier point reqs as usual, from 3/3 (challenging songs) to 9/9 (FGO's). FGO's will have special extremely hard reqs I will get to later, to prevent mashers from getting a lot of points, i.e. FC reqs for all FGO's will be gone. Each tier would correspond to a certain difficulty of song reqs in general, ex. Tier 1 FFR Guru FGO, Tier 2 FFR Master would correspond to FMO, Tier 3 Expert would refer to VC, Tier 2 to C, and God Tier (Tier 0) would require you to have every tier point except for like, 8. It would be made so only 2-3 people should EVER be in it. Okay, basic breakdown:

Tier rank values (Tier points required to be in a certain tier) should require your tier point total to be greater or equal to:

The sum of every songs possible points BELOW this tier (ex. FFR Master would require you to have a total of more than every available point of all songs on the list under FMO)
+
The sum of 3/4 of the points available in all songs in corresponding tiers (ex. FFR Master would require you to have 3/4 of the available points for all FMO songs)
+
The sum of 1/4 of the points available in all songs ABOVE the corresponding tiers (ex. FFR Master would require 1/4 of the total points available for FGO and 13 difficulty songs)

So points required for Tier 2 would be:

All combined points of VC and lower songs + 75% of the points of all FMO songs + 25% of the points from all FGO + songs

This way it's a good measure of your skill, average wise, and if you can't do some FMO's, you can make them up for with better FGO scores and AAA bonuses.

To PREVENT MAKING UP FOR POINTS IN A TIER BY MASHING FGO'S, FGO'S WILL HAVE ONLY PA REQS, NO FC REQS. FC points still required, but instead of 2mil points or more for 4 and FC for 5, it would be like for WWE, score equivalent to 100 or fewer clean FC for 5 points, etc. FN would have like, score equivalent to 40 or fewer clean for 5 points, going up to 8 for a AAA. All FGO's will be at least 8 points, max 9 points.

Every time people rank up, as I said, they get a new badge which I think 'should' come with some prize of some sort, either additional credits (which I disagree with) a new song, or maybe just a new customizable forum thing and forum title along with the badge.

This system I think has a good average of your ability in comparison, and allows people to start getting tier points as low as AAA Challenging songs. Reqs would make sense, of course, as in all C songs would be out of 3 points, 1 for an SDG, 2 for 3 or fewer, 3 for a AAA, and so on for each difficulty.

Also, cool badges and forum titles lead to incentives for 'some' people to want to try to get better tier scores, like prestiging in COD and stuff

What do you think?

for this thread
You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)
stavie33 is offline   Reply With Quote