View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 11:49 PM   #47
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Default Re: ITT academic advice

I support Reincarnate's modified points pretty much 100%.

Just some things on my part for high school, cause I'm not coul enough to give college/grad advice yet:

- Make connections, even in high school. This is something I skimped a little on but they are nice to have, both at the student and faculty level (I know a kid who consults with his high school teacher sometimes for his programming homework in college LoL). You don't have to try to hang out with smart/driven people if you feel uncomfortable around them; I know for me at least I had an alternate social sphere with people whose interests were more similar to mine.

- Do the god damn homework. This is like one thing that plagued my school and I don't even get why. Homework is like super easy points in HS and it's really not a big deal, even in AP courses. Saved some of my borderline B grades and gives you a nice buffer for the stuff that matters. This may kinda fluctuate between teachers considerably but honestly, it will not EVER get that bad unless you're attending a school from hell (feel free to correct me, I felt like I had average-ish coursework throughout high school)

- Am I going to tell you not to procrastinate? Maybe. Is it going to work? Of course not. Personally I think it is fine to procrastinate, just not extremely so. By extreme, I mainly mean just missing due dates. Getting up and skipping breakfast to finish homework every once in a while isn't an amazing experience but hey.
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Wineandbread is offline   Reply With Quote