View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
HoneyMelonCalibrator
Arrow Theory™
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HoneyMelonCalibrator Send a message via MSN to HoneyMelonCalibrator
Default Re: Is it wrong to be gay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookG View Post
No, I didn't do a proper job of writing the thoughts out; I hadn't had any coffee yet.

I'm going to barebone this argument for the sake of simplification.

Being smart can be an evolutionary advantage, or a disadvantage. It means you often take more risks. Try new things, like drugs, or ridiculously dangerous recreational sports, which can lead to death. let's just leave it at that. So it's not always a good thing, right? They are also tons of intelligent people who squander it. Pretty much a waste of themselves.

Well, who is to say being gay is different than being smart? There is choice implied in this argument. Not the choice of being gay, but the choice of using what sets you apart to either positively or negatively impact your life.

"**** happens to everyone. It's how we deal with it that makes us who we are."

You can be gay and hate yourself for it because others tell you to, or be gay and not give a ****. The only wrong I see is being gay and letting others fool you into believing you're subhuman.

Does this clear things up?
Yeah, that clears things up. That's also a pretty interesting take on the subject.
諸行無常の響あり。
娑羅雙樹の花の色、
盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。
おごれる人も久しからず、
唯春の夜の夢のごとし。
たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、
偏に風の前の塵に同じ。
HoneyMelonCalibrator is offline   Reply With Quote