View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 03:34 PM   #1
suicidalmuskrat
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to suicidalmuskrat Send a message via MSN to suicidalmuskrat Send a message via Yahoo to suicidalmuskrat
Default What next-gen console(s) will you buy??

Quick list of speculated pros and cons, as none of these systems have been shown, this is just what has been told to us so far, and what we can speculate based on the past. I will not be talking about individual console exclusive franchises, as each platform has it's own franchises. Personally I enjoy Nintendo's franchises more, but to keep retarded software flaming to a minimum, specific games will not be discussed.

Revolution:
Pros--Most likely will have the cheapest price tag, and games will probably stay at 50 dollars (not certain).

Will be wi-fi enabled out of box, and Nintendo is putting the finishing touches on it's own online network which will be FREE to users.

Will offer next-gen graphics and sound, but will also offer new devices or new ways to enjoy games.

Will be backward compatible.

Is supposedly going to be developer friendly.

High quality hardware (won't break, durable, excellent customer service)

CONS:
3rd party support has not been a strong point of nintendo as of late.

No one knows what to expect as for controller input. Finally playing online will be great, but not with a bongo and gyroscope.

Reputation (if unfounded) of being overly kid-friendly.

PS3:
PROS: Will almost certainly be the most powerful out of all of them.
Will have online play.

Tends to have GREAT third party support.

Rumored to be backward compatible (not certain)

CONS: Hardware tends not to be as durable, there are often problems.

Hardware will most likely cost 300+ dollars at launch, and software will probably be 60 dollars each game

not as developer friendly as the others, which ultimately means it may turn some smaller companies off, and may take a while for it to reach it's full potential.

Online play will probably NOT be free.

X-box 2/Xenon/360:
PROS: In the past generation, had the best online play.

A main focus is to be developer friendly.

All menus/etc... will be the same from game to game

Rumored to be backward compatible (not certain)

CONS: Hardware will cost 300+ and software will be 60, as well as 'micro-transactions', paying small dollar amounts for unlockable content/downloads.

All menus/etc... will be the same from game to game

Online play will probably NOT be free.

I'm open to editing this list if neutral parties make a good point, and explain it. But what system will you be buying??