View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 01:32 PM   #135
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Anti-skill tokens

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
My logic is no more problematic than the logic of having a 13-degree difficulty scale, as opposed to 50 or 100. 15 would even be better.

Like I said before, 13 just seems to me like a special-case difficulty for dumpfiles only. And as you stated, Gigadelic is NOT a dumpfile, therefore should be classified as a 12 (which I think is a true max). Seems like the difficulty scale is 1-12 (true scale), and 13(joke dumps) instead of 1-13. Just my opinion. You make a good point as well.

EDIT :sorry for editing so much lol
No, the logic is that categories have to make sense. The fact that it's a numeric system implies "Well, generally all files that belong to Difficulty X are of the same rough difficulty level and therefore belong in X."

If you want 12 to be the max, then 12 is the max. It doesn't make sense to say "Well, this file is ABOVE the max!" especially when I've AAA'd one of the 13's, and clearly we wouldn't label DP as a 12 (most people would argue it's a clear 13). It never makes sense to invoke a "max difficulty threshold" that isn't somehow dynamic. The idea is to have a rolling, relative scale. It's almost as dumb as saying Marvelous is better than Perfect... it just confuses people.

ThirdStyle is, in the future, going to be using a difficulty-judging metric I made that basically creates difficulty levels on files resultant of player statistics and performance metrics where 100 = always the hardest. We don't have that kind of system here, so it become totally ****ed if we start stuffing everything into 12 and then putting anything we deem "absurd" into 13.
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote