Thread: FFR Memories
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 11:59 PM   #7
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Memories

First exposure to FFR is thanks to a website called Addictinggames.com (late 2002). I got this site off a friend while goofing around during computer class in junior high (grade 8 I think).

I then became quickly fond of the game (early 2003). After a few months, the site changed and I was appalled that I actually had to sign up to have recorded scores. I didn't sign up initially, and kept playing as a guest. Eventually, I signed up (fall 2003). I played for quite a while. The old FFR users dominated the forum scene; I never really posted anything yet. I eventually became bored of FFR sometimes in late 2004.

During my first year in college, for some reason, I went back to FFR to fulfull my boredom (fall 2006). This is the first time I became actively involved in the community/forums, as well as became seriously involved in the site and game.

I began to play competitively, with my peak skill (relative to everyone else's) at 2007 to mid 2008. I also stepped simfiles for the community, as I enjoyed the creative side of this game. Sometime in 2008, the avmiss bug was fixed, and everyone else had a massive skill boost afterwards. I still played competitively, but couldn't catch up in regards to top spot and whatnot. I stopped playing competitively in early 2009, and preferred to step simfiles instead.

From 2009 onwards, everyone here probably already knows the rest about what happened to FFR.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote