Thread: FFR Memories
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
orangeade
FFR Player

Default FFR Memories

Yeah I don't know if this belongs here, so sorry in advance.

Also, this is my first return to the site in around FIVE YEARS.

The last thing I remember doing on this website is posting a score of Burning For You, and getting AAA with marvelous timing turned off, on like 400 BPM (that was fast to me).

I think I was 11 or 12 when I posted that and I legitimately thought I did a good job, then you guys at the FFR forums here convinced me I was ****ty. I came here to get my simfiles back that I posted here (again, was like 5 years ago, I wonder how good they could possibly be) only to find that the database is gone, and then a wave of nostalgia hit me, and that is what is said above.

I remember the first time I saw yellow arrows were when I challenged a guy on multiplayer (don't remember username) and he picked the song Hanabi. At the time, I couldn't believe how anybody was so good at FFR, and I strived to be as good as him. Naturally, I failed the song instantly and spent the next few months playing Stepmania and FFR non stop. I think I pulled a few all-nighters until I could finally earn about 12 or 13 credits on that song (actually passing it). After that, it was the only song I would ever pick when challenging players on multiplayer.

Good times.

How about you guys?