View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 10:30 AM   #711
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds
Default Re: The PS3 Is Here.

It sucks because the online multiplayer is so game-breakingly busted. Instead of being able to play effectively as any number of classes, I'm forced to carry a shotgun in order to deal with 'Witchbladers' (Commando, Marathon, Lightweight) who can pretty much teleport from 10 feet away to stab you. The same goes with the maps - they value strategic hold locations (see: camping spots) that means you can only use 1-2 different weapons per map in order to effectivley clear out each area. Teamwork is right out the window because Killstreak rewards are so incredibly overpowered that it actually benefits you to stay AWAY from clusters of your own teammates so that you can hoard benefits for yourself.

Not only that, the tactical nuke is a joke and something I expect the devs didn't expect so many people to get. It's incredibly unbalanced and just not very fun.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote