View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 11:44 PM   #45
cC@Zz
FFR Player

Default Re: NFL's greatest franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norsegod666 View Post
Why is it that every single person splits the NFL into 2 different leagues? The NFL was created in 1922. In 1966 talks of a merger between the NFL and AFL sparked the Commissioner to have the 2 leagues battle each other. In 1967 the first World Championship Game, aka Super Bowl, was played between the best team in the NFL and the best team in the AFL. After the merger in 1970 the league remained named the NFL. All the Super Bowl is is the NFL Championship game. To say it is anything different is just being ignorant.
Those were two different eras (before and after the merger) with different league make-ups in terms of teams. Heck it was actually called originally the AFL-NFL Championship game (later changed to Super Bowl). The Super Bowl represents the championship title of both leagues that merged and not just the one that it used to be. The AFL merging with the NFL was a huge event that completely changed the NFL from the league it was before to the one it is today so considering it to be a completely different league with its own championship doesn't seem all that bizzare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
Uhhh... who are you talking about... the quote at the end is mine... I'm trying to point out to the people stating that Pitt should be the best because they have the most tiles is false.
My mistake.

Last edited by cC@Zz; 12-10-2009 at 11:50 PM..
cC@Zz is offline   Reply With Quote