View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 03:43 AM   #10
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: TWG XC: Deja Vu POSTGAME

There are three keys to lying, I would say. Consistency, believability, and simply being able to maintain cover. Your lies need to be the same across the board, your lies need to not contradict existing info or other lies, and you have to be able to NOT BE CAUGHT (hint: faking logs can always be caught if both players in the log are still alive).

Don't tell three people three different stories. u84 telling me, syhto and tupac three different stories really ****ed stuff up. Even without the log faking malarkey, that alone might have been enough for me to get you killed (although I probably wouldn't have bothered considering I was the one who told you to lie about syhto). I was actually in favor of lying to get syhto lynched, but when you didn't employ the tactic across the board, it worried me, especially since you didn't post anything in the thread about it.

And believability. You tell tupac both syhto and I had been seer'd? No. Don't do that. It was PAINFULLY obvious that if I had been seer'd, it would have been the previous night, so don't immediately say that syhto had been seer'd red as well, because she too could only have been seer'd the previous night.

If you had just gone along with my lie plan things would have gone off without a hook. We would have taken down syhto and probably a2p following that. From there, vicc and jwc wouldn't have been too hard to pick out of the lineup, particularly since my initial guess of the 4 wolves when I was told we had lost was only off by one (guessed fiction instead of vicc lol, but vicc wasn't exactly off my radar either).

Or if you had just remained silent, not talking to syhto, not talking to me, not talking to tupac. Hell, even if you had just not said a word to me alone. We would have built a slow lynch on syhto based on that likely bogus panda story, and again following the next day with probably a2p and so on, probably allowing for a human win.

Or if you had told me you had seer'd syhto red. I would have said "oh, so you decided not to go with my plan, whatever though, let's just lynch her." And everything would have been fine, because I had no reason not to trust you.

Or if you had just presented the log honestly. I was already leaning toward voting for syhto simply because the case of you being a wolf was so implausible. Had you presented your case honestly, I would have sided with you. Even if you just said "syhto told me she's the psychic and i trusted her for a moment but now I think she actually is a wolf faking blue to try to save herself," I would have went along with what you said. Because I would have had no reason to distrust your judgment, especially when I was already leaning toward syhto at that point anyway. Before I compared logs with syhto, I even was trying to help you orchestrate a plan that would help the wolves think you weren't really the seer (not that it would have worked, in all honesty, particularly after the three of us had that chat together). But I guess what I'm really trying to say here is: don't ****ing fake logs to try to strengthen your argument, when the person you're showing the logs already trusts you and is already on your side. You doing that made me **** us, you doing that made me hand the game over to the wolves on our last chance.

If I hadn't known you had faked logs at me, you wouldn't have died. If you hadn't faked logs at me, you wouldn't have died. Please don't be bitchy at me when it was your actions that directly led to your death. There are a myriad of things you could have done differently, correctly, that would have had day 4 ending with Syhto hanging from the end of a rope instead of you.

ps tupac, excellent analysis. I'm starting to think I haven't given you enough credit. Apply yourself more in the games, be more confident in your ideas, and be more of an individual.