Old 10-21-2009, 01:46 AM   #250
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald000 View Post
You are way too much trigger-happy to accuse people.
Yeah, this is how I catch wolves. It usually works pretty well. Look at 2 games back for a fairly typical look at how my shotgunning helps me nail wolves. I was thrown way off-base by the end, but I was hittin' 'em hard in the first days.

Quote:
So why did you gave out every single strategy wolves can use to have an easier game?
Ironically, I gave most of them so they wouldn't be used. Especially the ones involving being scared of the seer being a fake red. I wanted to be sure that we don't automatically accept someone's information which is more likely to be tainted in this game. In another game, if someone comes to you and tells you they're the seer, they can be publicly outed and checked out, knowing the guardian will protect them if no one challenges the seer. But in this game, a red could contact you privately and tell you he is the seer and that he seer'd you. How could you verify his claims? The only case I can think of is if the player the seer comes to is blue.

The only one I gave that I hoped would be used was when I said I'd leave vets alive. And I'd say that it was mostly a success given that it took this far until one of the three of us were downed.

Quote:
You know everyone would think you are the one doing it.
That makes very little sense. A wolf who thinks of a cunning plan wouldn't tell you his cunning plan before enacting it. He'd just do it. And anyway, it's not like we have a bunch of fake seers floating around, so most of the plans I threw out there weren't picked up. The one that was picked up was beneficial to myself, manti, and fiction. I'm not going to apologize for being part of the reason the three of us made it past night 1.

Arguably I could have told all of those plans knowing I wouldn't use them, as a reverse psych angle to look more human. But honestly, I am telling you, if I was a wolf this game, I would definitely have been playing fake seer. There's not many opportunities for wolves to cut loose like that, so I would relish the opportunity, and I certainly wouldn't tip my hand by saying what I was doing, especially since it would be counter-intuitive to getting my mark to trust me. If I'm saying in the thread "Don't necessarily trust the seer", then turn around and privately say "hi i'm the seer, trust me" that would be the death of me I think.

Although I do think it's hilarious that I explicitly spit this strategy to keep us alive and you folks try to use this as a reason to kill me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc979
How could you say that tupa was more in danger of getting lynched?
Because, as I soon realized, the people were too afraid to lynch the great and powerful manti. Tupac was always more expendable and people would always be more willing to vote for him than manti (or me even for that matter). The point where I realized tupac was going to get the lynch and manti wasn't was probably the first post where I said "I'm not opposed to lynching tupac, but if manti needs to be lynched, we need to do it earlier than you guys might like." Maybe you guys are just very bad at analyzing trends.

ps the wolves are usually considered to be smart and good at analyzing, because there's a few of them working together. Three or four minds working together to come up with plans is usually better than one.