View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 03:07 AM   #2093
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: World of Warcraft

I don't like blood elves. They're Blizz's attempt to get more Horde players, but it brought dumb elf-lovers to the Horde. People who otherwise would have seen the four races and gone "ew the horde is ugly". You know, ten year olds.

I'm so glad the alliance gets Worgen. Otherwise, we'd be littered with even more trash.

ANYWAY, I failed to mention this, so I will now.

Riding on our emotional high from doing hard mode Ulduar, we decided it was finally time to down OS103D. Took us two tries. The first try was a "learn where to stand" try. The second try was bad, but he died.

We weren't done yet. Tsugo suggested we go for the timed Malygos achievement (http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=1874). We all flew there (on our 310% mounts <3) and found out one person couldn't go because of bedtime or something. Another person said "if you don't find a replacement in three minutes, it'll be too late for me to put tries into this". Since we couldn't, we were left with 8. That's when I said "well, then let's do the 8-man Maly achievement instead" (http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=1869).

I think everybody but the raid leader / tank had the idea in mind of doing a 6-minute kill on top of missing two people. He kept yelling at us for not taking our time and pulling aggro on the Nexus Lords and stuff. We quietly fake-apologized and kept trying to nuke it as fast as possible because we knew EOE runs were just so rare. Tsugo solo-healed the entire fight, since it was the same group that did OS103D, just minus two DPS.

Long story short, we did it. I explained to our raid leader that, in our minds, just having the 8-man Maly achievement wasn't enough. The best part about it was being able to show that we got both achievements at the same time, like how I got "Besting the Black Dragonflight" and "Less is More" (SHOULD BE FEWER, BLIZZ) on my first kill for Sarth 25, or how Tsugo's hunter friend from his old guild got Three Lights, Two Lights, One Light, Drive me Crazy, The Descent into Madness, Secrets of Ulduar, and Glory of the Ulduar Raider (and Kiss and Make Up) when we did Yogg+1. That is to say, he had never done Yogg on normal mode. Also, he was in the brain room, which he had obviously never done before either.

This guy's an amazing player for sure. His pet tanks BC raids. He just needs to get a damn microphone. Buy him one for his birthday, Tsugo.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote