foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: '09 MLB World Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitznpv View Post
nlcs

rockies over dodgers

dodgers starters aren't unreliable (billingsley shaky of late, kershaw is good but still young and walks the world and giving free passes is not the way you want to go at coors field) but their bullpen rules. balanced, good lineup (really like ethier and kemp; manny might show up for the nlcs like he did for game 3 today). rockies already explained. rockies better overall hitting, imo, i see a split in the first two games (don't see both dodgers pitchers winning) and they can easily win 2/3 at coors. only have to split again back at dodger stadium, totally doable.
Billingsley isn't in the starting rotation as far as I know...he'll be lucky to pitch game 4 if he's given the opportunity. For now, it's going to be Wolf, Kershaw and Padilla. Guarantee. Rockies have a decent 1-2-3 starting rotation, but bullpen is **** and even then their starters aren't as good as you make them out to be. Jimenez got lit up like a ****ing torch in Game 1. I'm fairly confident that the Dodgers can out-pitch the Rockies in any scenario.

Dodgers are 14-4 against the Rockies this year - that in itself is a big psychological bummer because everyone on the Rockies knows it. Also, whenever the Rockies had the chance to do some serious damage to the Dodgers in a couple of those series towards the end of the year, they completely **** the bed. The Rockies remember this as well.

Dodgers averaged nearly 6 runs per game against them. I don't know how you came to the conclusion that the Rockies have "better overall hitting". It could just be my Dodgers bias speaking right there, but you can't deny that Coors Field is a launch pad, so it kind of pads their stats. Coming down to it...the Dodgers get more base hits and are way more clutch than the Rockies, but the Rockies can put a team away with a couple homeruns pretty easily.

I still think the Dodgers would fare exceptionally well in a Rockies NLCS. I can only hope.
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote