View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 07:51 AM   #1299
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: 5th Official FFR Tournament - Results!

Congrats to everyone in D5 -- especially Leonid, Halogen, EA, Bluearrow, NPV, Zero, etc. You all put up a pretty good fight, and it was all quite fun.

I feel like I mostly got lucky though with the cicumstances, in addition to otherwise solid scores. Like Leonid said, samtorx and Dossar didn't sign up, nor did Mina, and any three of those guys would have been fierce competition. EA dropping out was a huge shock, considering that we all pretty much knew he would rape the entire tournament... that was a huge shift in the tournament dynamic. I was also really upset when Blue didn't advance past Hardkore Atomic (he really deserved it lmao), or when TC kicked the bucket/ragequit on CCCP. Although I was quite lucky that Smartdude screwed up on Blue Rose, lmao, and I was also lucky that I am out of school and had a bit more time to perfect songs, whereas leonid had other things to attend to, especially during R10.

All in all though, a solid couple of weeks. Thanks for the fun time, guys, and congratulations again.