Old 09-11-2009, 07:03 AM   #12
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: New Sonic game coming next year, this time with a little more 2D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryArrows.. View Post
Man I haven't been on this site for a long time....

Anyway! I recall seeing the Sonic 2 HD version..god knows how long awhile back. Maybe half a year to 7 or 8 months and I was sure it was Sega working on that project from what I remember reading. The only fan based sonic project I was aware of was that 3d one that's really taking it's slow-ass time to surface. But I guess I was wrong.
There are like hundreds of Sonic fangames. Most are complete ****, vaporware, and/or dead.

Sonic 2 HD only exists as a fan project right now, and although progress is slow, it is active and moving forward. As far as I know, all they have left to do is put together the art and music, then pump it out. As far as I know, they have all of the sprites for Sonic done, and none for any of the other playable characters. They're working on putting together stage art for Emerald Hill Zone (still on the first stage!), but music is progressing a lot better. I guess once they get the art done, they'll work on putting together multiplayer and other new features, like online play or a level editor or something. It's still a long ways from being finished, but since it's Sonic 2 rather than something new, I'd say it has more promise to be a fun game than this new one from Sega... even if Sega is able to deliver better looking art.

It'd be a shame to see their work go to waste, but I wish Sega would just give them a cease and desist and put together a similar project of their own.