View Single Post
Old 09-6-2009, 09:06 PM   #32
Ruritsu
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temote View Post
Iggy's mostly taking the smallest risk he can take while trying to spur everyone else into action, and it's a really good risk to take.

I end up dead - all eyes on him, he can attempt to talk his way out and be seered.

I don't end up dead - we have someone who can potentially act as a liason between the seer and the thread, since the seer coming out later could be a terrible idea, what with there being items and all.

He's more trying to show that he's actually putting thought into all his decisions, as opposed to just randomly throwing things around. =P

Everyone seems to be playing this game as if they were a wolf and not a human, even though the odds of that happening are really low.
You're assuming hes telling the truth with the bold part. Anybody can claim to be sending the wolf for any other player, and in effect, if that player doesn't end up dead, they are cleared of suspicion, however, only if they actually did. Iggy could simply have a real cunning mind and realize that this rule basically forces random action for N1, and if he happens to turn out wolf, he'd be in good standing. Planning here is useless, as you can't foresee the effect of any actions unless you involve everyone, and involving everyone relies on nobody lying. Your move will be random, no matter who you pick.

Also, the only thing that could happen next phase that would be useful to analyze would be a claim of seernig somebody red/blue, or of just being seer. N1 is rather useless this way...