View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 02:30 PM   #24
SM0K3D_0UT
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SM0K3D_0UT Send a message via MSN to SM0K3D_0UT
Default Re: Time (and existence)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richhhhhard View Post
I really am not a physicist. I took four science classes last semester, I do fine with Biology and Chemistry, but something about Physics just bothers me. It seemed to me the whole time that they were going out of their way to make simple things complicated. Is the universe really so complicated?

Neither of you will give me a definition of space though. If it is curving and bending and warping it has to be made out of something. What about a massive object is causing space to bend?
Also, what do you think light is? It has to in some way be a form of energy or matter.

Sorry if I am wasting your time, but if you will just answer these questions than I will be satisfied.
Space, and the universe, is full of the Cosmic Background Microwave Radiation from the Big-Bang. In addition to this, space would also seem to be full of a lot of other wavelengths of EM radiation, from low RF to gamma. This can be shown by the fact that we are able to observe this radiation across the gaps between galaxies and even across the 'voids' that have been identified.

In fact, and because the universe is regarded as being the same everywhere, it follows that any point in space will have radiation passing through it from every direction, bearing in mind Olber's paradox about infinite quantities etc. Mass is just a form of Energy. Hence E = mc^2..A black hole is a lot of Mass (or Energy). Therefore it bends space a lot....In fact a black hole doesn't have anthing else except mass, angular momentum and charge. That's all it is.

Light continues to circle around the black hole in what is called the Schwartchild radius before disappearing into the event horizon. This is how that scientists are said to find the black holes; they find the bright circles with a black hole in it. light cannot escape a black hole because the velocity needed to escape the gravitation pull of a celestial body of a black hole exceeds the speed of light.

Last edited by SM0K3D_0UT; 07-16-2009 at 05:28 PM..
SM0K3D_0UT is offline   Reply With Quote