View Single Post
Old 07-9-2009, 09:45 PM   #140
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot
Default Re: Getting a new computer. Need advice.

appreciate all the info. wish i had read it earlier. i went ahead and bought my machine listed above, with one difference. i did switch to the 1 295 instead of the 2 275s. it was 60 bucks cheaper, and it allows me to use 2 monitors instead of 1 (the SLI set-up apparently can only handle 1 monitor).

i would have upgraded the PSU beyond 800W though, had i read it. but i'll keep it in mind that if i upgrade something else, i should upgrade the PSU.

as far as my monitor... it's a 24" widescreen LCD by optiquest. it's pretty darn nice.

i'm perfectly fine spending 2500ish, because it'll last me 3 years. this machine lasted 3 years and i can still sell it for a few hundred, at least. which drops the effective cost lower than 2500 anyway. PLUS i found a 5% off coupon and the company is only 40 miles from where i live, so i'll drive and pick it up... save 130 on the coupon and another 70 bucks (and like 2-3 days) on shipping.

Last edited by Tasselfoot; 07-9-2009 at 09:47 PM..
Tasselfoot is offline   Reply With Quote