View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 11:23 AM   #15
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Default Re: History and the Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necros140606 View Post
what about alteration of recent past reality? this is something my country has been experiencing in the last decades, and it is bothering me as it's an increasing trend. here's an example: in the early 90s there was a huge scandal about corrupt politicians, and many of them got condemned. however, there is a still active law that prevents people belonging to the parliament from being arrested and put to jail, thus nothing happens and everyone can keep doing their business (as long as they're re-elected, and they are) until the judgement expires. even those who did went to jail are now back in the political circus. after a dozen years, everyone is proclamed innocent (even though they were condemned but judgement expired, or got released for "lack of proof") and the government is trying to reduce the power of the judges, along with a law, witnessed by our current premier silvio berlusconi, which grants total immunity to the 4 maximum powers of the state, including president of council and president of the republic.

after everything that has done, berlusconi, who owns half of the media vectors in italy and controls the other half though government, has started a counter-information campaign that has effectively changed the perception of the past, only 15 years ago, overwhelming documented data and everyone who dares to mention it. judges are accused of "communism" and corrupt politicians have become "innocent victims". revisionism has also been applied towards fascism, giving the measure to what extent the past can be altered.

past can be changed, and can be changed very easily. i'm positive present can be altered as well, especially in dictatorian-oriented governments.

And this is why I don't want to live in China, and Italy now I suppose too.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote