View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 12:18 PM   #1699
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic
Default Re: Rock Band. More Awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
And seriously, **** playing games like this to be challenged. I want to have fun, I don't want to work my ass off just to finish the song. You want to be challenged? Go out and do something actually physically or mentally taxing. This is a god damned video game.
Why wouldn't you want to be challenged in a game like this?

I know in a party setting or something like that, challenge isn't exactly what you're looking for, and I understand that. But I play the game alone and sober about as much as I do in a band while drinking, and when I'm alone, I don't want to pass every song I play without even putting a bit of conscious thought into it. And I would think that applies to all video games. If you don't actually have to put some effort into what you're playing, you don't have much of a push to keep playing.

And why should video games be an exception to enjoying challenge? You get more satisfaction out of doing something you struggled with than something you just bulldoze through. Of course this should apply to video games and not just "the real world". That's why harder difficulties exist - it increases the satisfaction of completing it. It makes it feel like an achievement.

also, play everlong on expert drums and tell me this game is not physically taxing

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote