View Single Post
Old 06-4-2009, 06:37 PM   #1682
Cyanite
SIT THE **** DOWN.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Cyanite
Default Re: Rock Band. More Awesome.

Instrumentally they're really not that talented, but even you have to admit they were very good songwriters.

Judging them as instrumentalists, yeah, they probably should have been forgotten about by now. As songwriters, they didn't really do anything that'd still be considered progressive, but they definitely knew what they were doing. I don't even like the Beatles but I have to respect them in that regard

Also, Seth, I don't agree with that at all. Saying that a band's capacity in terms of songwriting and instrumental ability is judged solely on how popular they are is basically inferring that every person who listens to music is a perfect judge of those characteristics. The fact that musicians like Benny Benassi and Soulja Boy are multi-millionaires because of their music is enough to prove that isn't the case. There probably isn't any purely subjective way to measure how good one band is compared to the other, but how commercial their music is should be one of the last ways to consider it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KgZ View Post
oh yeah girls love it when I stick my massive arm in their mouth

Last edited by Cyanite; 06-4-2009 at 06:43 PM..
Cyanite is offline   Reply With Quote