View Single Post
Old 06-4-2009, 06:24 PM   #1681
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic
Default Re: Rock Band. More Awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorHaysewus View Post
Think back to the 60-70s when The Beatles first surfaced.

They were amazing, there was no music like it.

I guess new listeners won't like them as much as people who have listened to them in the past.
Short of possibly the very early 60s, no, there has always been commercially available music with skilled instrumentalists and extremely good harmony.

The Beatles are not one of these bands. All of their instrumental sections are - objectively - total jokes. None of them could play anything mildly difficult if they tried.

Also, good music stands the test of time. There are loads of bands from the same period that do have skill and do continue to stand out as extraordinary music. People didn't magically attain musical skill in the past 20 years. They've had it all along. Don't say "well the Beatles may not have very much skill but back then they were considered very skilled" because they weren't.

All of their music is so mindnumbingly simplistic and unimaginative that I'm amazed some people consider them the best band of all time. Or even good enough to have their own game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth
Urgh, what the hell are you even arguing about? Yes it is true. If a one band sells more than any other band, it's for a reason. It's because people like them. And what puts bands higher than other bands? Their fanbase. Biggest fanbase wins. That's just how it works. If you don't like it fine whatever, but thousands love it. I don't care if you don't like them, that's your preference, I just have to cut in when you're like "Omg they suck WHY should they have their own game WHY I don't get WHY".

Telling you why.
lmfao you say that like i need to be told why

except as i already pointed out i know it's a good marketing decision

And I'm not saying I don't like them - I'm saying they're bad. You can wave around the "lol they sold a lot" card all you want, but just because there are more people saying "1+1 = 11" doesn't make it true. In fact, most of the musicians I know think that Beatles are tripe, and these are people making a living off of music, who know it inside out. If the general population is satisfied with a group of monkeys that can't do much more than strum and keep rhythm, good on them.

Here's a comparison for you. Do you know about Twilight? It is a very successful series. It has sold extremely well and even has attracted attention from Hollywood, so now it has movies being produced that are based on it, which means even more revenue for the author.

By your standards, this makes the book good. The only problem is, it isn't. Ask anyone with a lick of literary know-how (or anyone who isn't a teenage schoolgirl). The books are utter garbage.

Bad things can still sell. That doesn't make them good. Sorry.

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

Last edited by Tokzic; 06-4-2009 at 06:33 PM..
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote