View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 05:34 AM   #27
funmonkey54
The Chill Keeper
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to funmonkey54
Default Re: What's with the hostility towards Christians?

Well, I am Christian, but I will come at this point from an outside perspective.

Personally, I believe that religions as a whole state that there is a definite right or wrong. The idea of a definite right or wrong means that not everything people do is ok. Which is against our nature. We want to be ok with what we are and everything we do and not be judged in any way, shape or form. The idea that something would judge us out of our control is unappealing to say the least.

So, obviously, the most simple way of avoiding this within our own minds is to completely deny its existence. Ideas such as "seeing is believing" and such make that easy in our minds to simply say nothing exists because we have not personally seen it. Although, there is hypocrisy in that seeing as how we believe in many things we are just told and have not yet seen. (Such as nearly everyone believes that there is a Taj Mahal and yet very few of us have actually seen it) But, at the same time, there is arguable hypocrisy within and standpoint we take. So, the easiest way out is to not take a stand and just ignore the existence of all of it.

funmonkey54 is offline   Reply With Quote