View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 12:44 PM   #6
Charlotte21
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Charlotte21 Send a message via MSN to Charlotte21
Default Re: RE: jTWG needs a couple more architectural revamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypie743
I agree with everything you said here.

Oh and your opinion is not worthless to me, I know you :P

ps-sup charlotte lol
Sup Flypie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whorli who is actually tass in this post
ego +1... like i really need it.

and, your points are valid, and mostly true already for what has been done. The jTWG was set up for new players to learn the ropes and get a shot at playing in a TWG, whereas otherwise, our high standards of entrance wouldn't have allowed them to enter.

we haven't, and won't, predetermine what the signups will be. they have and will be first come first serve. almost always, this includes new players (in 8 TWGs, we've had at least 2 new players in every single one... i believe. i can check my spreadsheet later to verify.)

and, it also won't be a rule that new players MUST play in a jTWG before joining a TWG. your post here alone shows that you have put alot of thought into the game and have read all of the threads. with that, i have no idea how good your logical thinking is, but i for one am willing to give you a shot at playing with the big boys. and there are others as well that will fall into this category. there will also be plenty of others that won't.

so, i look forward to seeing you in TWG X.
You are removed from the next few TWG's but does that mean jTWG as well? I think a veteran player helps me and the other newbies learn how to listen, think through, and respond to each other by watching some of the ways you, a veteran player, listen, think through, and respond to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardish
Qualities of a good TWG player
Logical
Analytical
Introspective
Descriptive
Attentive
Aware
Intelligent
Careful reader

Qualities of a bad TWG player
Illlogical
Impulsive
Overanalytical
Inattentive
Paranoid
Terse
Unclear
Uncommitted
Yea, I agree with all of those (except terse (sp?)), but I think one of the thing that really removes some of the bad qualities is having a few veteran players in the game to learn from.

Look at the first game: Lupin the 3rd was pretty genius. But he never got TOO deep, mainly because it would have gone past the tone or setting that was preset by people on day one. It seemed like because there was no one going into deeper thought, there was a predisposed feeling that deeper thought would make you lynched/wolfed quickly. I thereorize that a veteran player might remove something like this.

Honestly, in my opinion jTWG 1 was at least twofold worse than TWG 1.

My Favorite Poster(s) Recently: T0rajir0u, rai