View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 07:59 PM   #20
SuperGreenX
Tangy music sauce maker
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to SuperGreenX
Default Re: I have been using reason for years now... and I have had my eyes opened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydlide View Post
Well.. I have been saying personally that Reason has been a complete DAW in the last 4 years. I have been making +400 songs by using Reason 2.5, reason 3 and Reason 4...

Some people will always have discussions about wheater Reason is a full DAW, or not... I won't join in that discussion. Since other persons cant create a complete audio track from Reason, where I can...

That says something about the other people I think. FL does not replace my for flow yet. Heck, I have said it so many times: the perfect music program hasnt been invented yet... Give that a thought.
It is not a DAW. It doesn't record audio...so it is not. It is a software synth workstation. The props never called it a DAW.

Reason was great to learn on. It has a pretty rounded selection of sounds and synths that are all in there from the beginning and easy to use. I'm glad I didn't start out with some other VSTi sequencer and have to go out looking for more good synths and sounds, slowing me down and confusing me as a novice. I still use it a lot, especially for drums because I like its compressors and the scream distortion. I always pair it up with Ableton Live with more VSTs and audio capabilities.

If Reason doesn't do everything you want in your software, then use something else, or add it to something else.

Wonderful Bite - New SGX Album! You can get it for free, yo!
SuperGreenX is offline   Reply With Quote