Old 11-17-2008, 04:12 PM   #858
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR's Top One Handers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Hour Whore View Post
Okay, suggestion.. How about we throw another Tourney Bynary
I'll help with donations and crap. If you need someone to help you Update and that such I'll keep hold of that to. I'd really love another one so i can redeem myself from last time.
I dunno...as awesome as it is to see spread players try out one handed sexiness, there aren't enough players in the intermediate and advanced divisions. Sure, we have only a few pro one handers on the whole site and tons of beginners, I want to see more people of an intermediate level, something I can't seem to find. If you or anybody else knows a bunch of people at these levels, I'll consider making another tourney (however, I was waiting for Zaggy to start his).

P.S I have just over 139,000 credits, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsky139 View Post
The problem isn't just one-handers being inactive: the whole site is less active than it used to be. 1,601 users currently using FFR is pretty sad. Actually, I think this thread is doing very well, and better than most. I see some newer players really shooting for av rank under 5000 and I see more siggies with 'one-handed and proud' or 'staying one-handed.' I think people are more interested right now, proportionately, in playing one-handed than in playing FFR in general.
Well here's the thing: the very beginning of your one handed career is the most sensitive - the majority of one handers switch at this point in time. However, I'd also like to point out that a bunch of people who have found this thread gain the motivation to stay, which leads me to my next point...

Quote:
Let me say WELCOME to those not quite on the list of the elite 20 and congrats to those who've earned tokens or tier points or other bounties listed in this thread. Maybe we should have a list of aspiring one-handers here, so it can be more expansive. Just because you're not awesome yet doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to join the social club of serious one-handers. Alternatively we could start a one-handers club thread, but I think it makes more sense to keep it here, as the community is already partially formed. Of course, this may be burdensome for Bynary, but at least it wouldn't need to be updated with av ranks.
...On one hand I don't see much point in this - hundreds of new one handers join every day, and almost all of them either either leave or switch. But on the other hand, this can provide great motivation to those who are dedicated to saying and have made their introduction, etc. Interesting idea.

Quote:
Let's have a One-Handed party in FFR chat. If anyone's interested, I'll bake cookies. If you are nice I will give you one.
That reminds me: Card Man and me have Ventrilo, where you can hold private chat sessions with your friends and chat via microphones. Far superior to FFR Chat IMO, and there won't be any noobs to spam it up or tell us to switch out of jealousy.

Perhaps that would be a more viable option?

Quote:
Is anyone else shooting for one-handed tier points right now? I'm working on Tier 1, but I think I'm only at 90 or so still. Of course I haven't counted in a bit. It's really tough. Of course I have three other goals that are a bit more pressing right now, but I wanted to see if other people were plugging away at this.
I know I've hit T2 a long time ago - I haven't calculated my TPs in some time, but I'm pretty sure it's the high 200s, nearing 300 even. If I see others working on it, I would certainly start to do so myself.

~Bynary Fission

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen

Last edited by Bynary Fission; 11-17-2008 at 04:14 PM.. Reason: Fixed a typo.
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote