View Single Post
Old 01-3-2005, 03:16 AM   #1
User6773

Default TWG VIII Signups - 1st 8 IN, 2nd 8 at 11pm EST

Times for TWG VIII Signups:
Phase 1: 5 PM EST Tuesday
Phase 2: 11 PM EST Tuesday

The reason we are doing this in 2 phases is to be fair to our West Coast friends who might be in school if we held it early, and to our East Coast friends who might be asleep if we held it too late. It also gives people more flexibility, and ensures that we get mostly dedicated players (because now dedicated players have 2 opportunities to sign up.)

Phase 1 begins at 5 PM EST. After 8 people have signed up, the signups will be temporarily locked.
Phase 2 begins at 11 PM EST. After 8 people have signed up, the signups will be permanently locked.

The results of the Ban Tass/Emccky vote will be tabulated shortly before 5 PM EST, and they will be removed from consideration for playing and hosting.

PM me if you want to host, as well as what your intended game size is if it is not 16.

Also send a paragraph as to why you're the best candidate for host, as well as what special roles you will include. This will be the only campaigning allowed. No littering up postgame chat with campaign comments.

Campaign speeches/intended hosts:

CypherToorima: I need 24 participants.
I will be a good host since I have some creative ideas(blah helped me with those), and a pretty sound story. Though it may not be as good as Chardish's, I feel it will be quite satisfactory.
I am going to have (these are generic names, they will be something else in the story) 3 wolves, 3 mafia members, A seer (can only see wolves), an angel (can only see mafia members), a psychic for each (meaning, one will know when a wolf has died and another knows when mafia members have died) and a gaurdian for each.
I have an Outline of how the story will go, with different situations planned for (ie. wolves winning, mafia winning, humans winning, all mafia members being killed, ect.)
(NOTE: If CypherToorima wins the vote it is his responsibility to add 8 more players to the game as he sees fit)

Flypie743: Yeah, I am running for host. I have an awesome co-host who is an expert on the theme that we decided to go with. Also, you will see me bringing in some new powers/positions for people to have. My co-host and I will be able to update it with stories fairly quickly. I am on AIM every night so you shouldn't have a problem contacting me about anything. I have played in TWGs before and I know how they work.

MrESqueek:Well, first we begin with the reasons I would be an awesome host.
1) I don't have class until the 24th, so free time is running rampant.
2) I'm on FFR about 75% of the time I'm on the computer, so roughly 8 hours a day.
3) I've played in 3 games already and read the link Chardish supplied from the first game extensively.
4) I'm Squeek.
My concept for a game would be a Matrix-themed game involving Smith clones and regular people. If you've seen Matrix Reloaded, you obviously know what I'm talking about. I've already got most of the story written mentally and could easily get it on "paper" long before deadlines occured. I would have the Nebuchadnezzar Crew (3 masons), the Oracle (seer), Seraph (guardian), and three Smiths, with one being Oracle-proof (MW). 16 sounds like a good size to me, but theoretically, it could go up to 18.

Tasselfoot: MANHUNT. Game Size = 14. There will be 1 hand picked wolf and 13 humans. No special roles. The wolf will kill 2 people per night. It will be a fast game, with the maximum number of days being 4. LD, Blah, and Whorli all have heard the full details and give their support. Some people have said they wanted me to not play in one or two TWGs. This is their only way to accomplish that goal. It will run smoothly, the rules will be clearly stated and followed, there will be no PMs, and it will be updated quickly. Any questions or concerns may be brought to me over AIM. (NOTE: If Tasselfoot wins the vote for host, it is his responsibility to remove 2 signed-up players from the game as he chooses to do so)

Signed-Up Players:
Phase 1

Phase 2
Chardish