View Single Post
Old 12-11-2004, 12:09 PM   #41
whorlichan
Tiny Plastic Meat

Send a message via AIM to whorlichan

Layla, I don't care that she looks like the Phantom of the Opera minus the mask. I wouldn't care if she had an extra leg growing where her nose should be. What I CARE about, is the fact that she WOULD NOT BE ALIVE without the tubes in her throat to breathe, and the tubes in her stomach to eat, and the FOURTEEN SURGERIES that her parents did not pay for all by themselves. If she was just hideous, or blind, or deaf--sure, let her live. There's lots of people like that, and they can live their lives just fine. But she CANNOT LIVE without all this extra crap. Why should I pay for that, when my tax dollars could go to build a new school somewhere there are underprivileged kids who can survive without tube-feeding/breathing techniques? Or perhaps fund surgeries for people who fell off of roofs, or got shot in the middle of a gang fight, or SOMETHING that doesn't require hundreds of thousands of dollars per year for someone who isn't going to be able to live a normal life.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla-Day
and even of you dont care, there is a lot of people willing to help her because it just breaks theirs and my heart to see a little girl suffer like that.
Yes. It does break my heart. SHE SHOULDN'T BE SUFFERING BECAUSE SHE SHOULDN'T BE ALIVE AT ALL.
My friend Cassie's amazing photography
whorlichan is offline   Reply With Quote