View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 11:59 PM   #438
stargroup
FFR Player

Default Re: Ingame Songs/Stepfiles Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Yukari- View Post
I'm not going to argue that PXE is synced very well, but IMO that's not all there is to making a "successful" simfile, which is ALSO subjective.

I'm also a step artist myself, and write filesto make files fun, not to show off my ego in how well I can sync. Trust me I can write the biggest AND most accurate dump you have ever seen, but if I wouldn't enjoy playing it, I would never write it.
haha you still don't get it. first of all I never even said whether or not I think piano forte is a good file. I only said why people enjoy colored notes. second, I never said the good syncing is all you need. I said you had to use it in a way that allows much room for possibility, creating ways to make your file complicated, unique, etc.

however, many people really enjoy playing accurately syncing dumps no matter how bad the actual steps are. so if you really think you can sync so incredibly well, you'd be doing the community a favor by creating something. it's also for your own benefit too, as you'll gain a lot of respect this way

on top of that, many step artists today are getting really lazy with syncing, so if you think you're good you could try your hand at helping them. it'd be a great help to the community as a whole, both ffr and sm

to be clear, I'm not doubting your syncing ability by challenging them, nor am I forcing you to contribute, I'm just saying that if you're really good at syncing, you can only benefit the community by helping, hmm?

ps tasteful does not vary between people. your opinions are either tasteful or tasteless or somewhere in between