View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 08:48 PM   #46
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach
Default Re: A Virus, Help?????

Quote:
PS - those who suggest formatting the HDD need to be shot. ****ing seriously. That's like committing suicide because you're constipated. There are very few situations in which a complete format is needed, and the system must really be in dire straits to need such a thing. If you format, you'll have a hell of a lot of work configuring everything and reinstalling all of your programs, and it gets even more hellish when you don't have a specific crucial driver and you have no way of getting it, etc.
It's hardly suicide if the problem is severe, since it always works if done properly. I know there are other ways to try to deal with the problem, but *IMO*, it requires the least amount of work. At least for me personally, a reformat only takes a few hours. If you're computer savvy, gathering all the necessary drivers is not at all difficult.

Mind you, it appears to be spyware XD So much for that problem.

That is one of the most impressive task lists I've ever seen though. IIRC my dad had a similar problem. He didn't understand the concept of his computer screwing up because of maxed out pc usage due to running 60+ processes.

Last edited by Reach; 08-18-2008 at 08:57 PM..