View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 05:17 PM   #431
-Yukari-
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Ingame Songs/Stepfiles Discussion Thread

Back on topic, played Piano X Forte. Horrible dump of 48th notes. Incredibly awkward PA file that ultimately pissed me off for 3:14. Got a really ****ty score, don't care, never playing again.

Seriously, do people get a kick out of stepping things that have no real rhythm to them? When I'm playing files like this, I can't get a frame of reference for when to press the globs of aqua and green arrows ****ting on my monitor. It's in a period of time so finely in between the rhythm you actually feel during a song (16ths or 24ths, depending what time it's written in, 3/4 or whatnot) that there's no way to have any type of flow when playing these files. It's one big muscle spasm making yourself defy the very flow you get into when playing to a piece of music.

It was horrible and I'm never playing it again, rank or not.

P.S. This is in no way intended to be a reflection on the TECHNICAL VALUE of the stepfile. I don't give a flying **** about the technical value. If it's not fun, I don't want to play it. I don't care if you can sync a sixty-****ing-fourth note. So can I.
So anyways i was thinking, what if a single miss didn't stop your combo? Instead, your combo kept going until 2 consecutive misses were made. I think this would provide a more realistic ranking system, and eliminate a lot of mashing.

Last edited by -Yukari-; 08-18-2008 at 05:20 PM..
-Yukari- is offline   Reply With Quote