Thread: Fads
View Single Post
Old 06-9-2008, 07:24 PM   #4
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien
Default Re: Fads

"The Game." Yeah, /b/'s "You just lost the game" has permeated my school. It's a funny story how, actually.

Apparently there are like four or five people from the class that just graduated who regularly visit 4chan. One of them was on the wrestling team, and decided telling them about the game would be funny. They learned about it, and I first knew they knew about it when one of them asked me to say "You just lost the game" to someone else on the wrestling team.

Now, being a denizen of the Internet, I had already known about the game for a while, so I was shocked when I found out it entered real life. Even worse was that it took off from the wrestling team to the rest of my school, and misconceptions flew all over the place. For instance, people couldn't agree on who created the game, thinking it was someone either in the last senior class or in another school. I tried to dispel these rumors as best I could, and ended up posting a bulletin about it on my MySpace that I hardly ever use. In the end, many many people learned about 4chan and /b/, but they also learned the origins of the game. And it calmed down by the end of the year...hopefully next year people won't be so obsessed with it.
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote