View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 10:05 PM   #27452
ieatyourlvllol
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: SM Scores

This is the only truly serious post I'll make today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono2007 View Post
I just don't know what to do....The only people who've been through what I've been through are on ODI, and if I posted there I'd just get flamed...

If I was older the answer would be alcohol, but all I can do is wallow in self-pity...
It depends on whether or not your actions on ODI were a result of your personal problems.

If not, then you're on your own.

If so, you can chance simply posting an apology explaining the circumstances surrounding your past posts, and leaving it at that. In the event that ODI is feeling forgiving, you just might be forgiven. The only problem is that those members who have gone through the same thing did not opt to let their anger flow through the internet, and they might consequently still consider your actions a bit extreme (though to a lesser extent than the FFRBB community). With that being said, I'd suggest weighing your need for solace against the chances that you might not be met with a warm reception.

In any case, neither alcohol nor self-pity are the asnwer, since they are respectively physical and emotional poison, not exactly the best balm for an ailing soul.

If the internet doesn't meet your needs, I'd highly recommend turning back to real life and finding a counselor. Contrary to popular belief, a (good) professional can work wonders if given the chance.