Old 04-17-2008, 03:33 PM   #3155
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
I never have less than 2 lives against an AI.
I bet 3 vs 1 team 9 CPU with full handicap could beat you.

Also: items on, high. And Spear Pillar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2awr View Post
After playing thousands of Brawl matches you learn that Brawl is NOT deep. It is VERY repetitive and very slow. Go play thousands of matches with good people and you'll notice the same things happen every match.
That was quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard. No two matches play the same, not even the same two players on the same stage with the same settings. Player's choose different tactics, and hey, players learn and get better, develop new techniques, and abandon ones that don't work as well.

Seriously, if you were to play me right now, I'd be more effective than if you had played me a month ago, and heck, I've achieved increased skill in player versus player matches without even abusing illogical holes in the physics engine.

Quote:
i don't agree with the AI thing the only way the AI has beaten me without items on final destinaton (i use it as a little warm up) is when i put random characters and i get a character that i never use.
That's something else I forgot about. I did the same thing, and was still stomping the level 9 CPU in one on one, even when I got characters that I'm utter garbage with, with the CPU finally beating me when I got Jigglypuff on Spear Pillar (and even then it was a close fight that I was only losing by a small percentage when I got trapped in one of those bull**** beams and got raped).

Quote:
specially in 4VS4 battles but i guess that not all of you enjoy that kind of battle
I hate free for alls. I always end up getting ragdolled around by everyone, and when I might be trying to engage someone in particular or am doing well in one way, I'll end up starting to get stomped from at least one of the others.

Like, it can be fun to do it sometimes, but just because someone can win in a free for all doesn't mean they're a better player. Many times I have seen players in the online anyone matches that simply suck, but end up winning anyway.

EDIT: @Squeek above: in all of Melee, I remained completely undefeated and played level 9 CPU a lot, but never actually got to play a real person. In N64, if I ever lost to a CPU, it was because of me setting the handicap too high, because I seriously did 3 versus 1 level 9 CPU and won every time.

And something else: I think the point is that if we go into a REASONABLE match and think "ok I won't lose this match", there is no way a level 9 CPU alone could defeat most of us. Some of us could probably even do 3 versus 1 level 9 CPU and win every time, but I frankly haven't been able to beat the CPU that badly since N64.

Last edited by Afrobean; 04-17-2008 at 03:37 PM..
Afrobean is offline   Reply With Quote