View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 09:24 PM   #2575
ducky285
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ducky285 Send a message via MSN to ducky285 Send a message via Yahoo to ducky285
Default Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

I've known about the Kirby Super Star stuff for a while. I just found the challenge system being almost identical to Air Ride's to be somewhat amusing.

You forgot to mention that they took the lobby music from All-Star in Melee from the Great Cave Offensive's save room.

All the gang fights in SSE are similar to the various fights against the Meta-Knights in Kirby's Adventure and Super Star.

Drop-through floors have been in Kirby games since the beginning, probably why they're used in Smash.

The Jyk's in SSE are just Gordos with a different look.

Master/Crazy Hand wasn't in Super Star, but Wam Bam Rock is decidedly similar enough to think that MH was heavily inspired by him. They practically have the same attacks (or similar attacks at the very least).

Also, the only minigames in Super Star were the Samurai one (which is based on Kirby's Adventure's Quick Draw game) and Megaton Punch, neither of which bare any similarity to the minigames in Smash.

You didn't collect trophies, but you collected treasures that were similar in nature to those in Smash, particularly because they usually came from various other Nintendo games. It's a bit of a stretch, but I guess you could call the ability icons from Super Star trophies in a way.

Ridley and Meta-Ridley in SSE behave a lot like Dyna Blade. Tabuu reminds me of Marx with his quick warping and his giant laser.