Magewout
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: The Wii is Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telvanni_guard View Post
How can you defend against it?

Items? Sorry. To fast to do that.
Not hitting things? Sorry, he's still faster.
Power slide every corner? He's got you beat.

Oh.. you mean by snaking too. Yeah.

What about those people who suck and don't know how to snake and people snake past them anyway just to win and gloat? Do you call that skill for beating them?
Those people who suck should practice and get better, otherwise they should get used to losing. And eh, blue shells easily catch up on snakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Yeah because I see 2,000 blue shells in a single race, let alone a single Cup match.

I think the record for number of times I've seen a blue shell hit me while I was in first place during a 16-race match in Mario Kart: Double Dash was two. And I still won both of those races. The blue shell is also a bomb, so I slowed down to make it hit 2nd place (the AI has that cheap catch-up when you're playing alone) and we both ate it.

You're one of those "items are luck" people. You have no hope. Items are part of Mario Kart, just like they're part of Super Smash Bros. They're not a factor of luck. There's an immense amount of skill involved. If it were luck, you wouldn't have to aim items or even know what they are. You just park your car on a respawning item box and use it over and over again, and you win the race! Right? Just like in Poker where you get dealt two aces every hand. You'll always win! Right?

Snaking doesn't require skill. Snaking requires a huge ego that must always win online games against random people for no reason, even if it means going outside the parameters of the game. Oh, and a thumb with callouses.
It's fair to say that you haven't been in a lot of MK matches then. I've played thousands of games, both online with MKDS, and offline with 1-3 friends, from SMK up to MKDD. Have 1 or 2 friends be in last place, you'll see how many blue shells you'll have to dodge.

Further, of course items are a factor of luck. Because otherwise, every item would be equally strong. 3 red shells >>>>> 1 banana. And the equation you used is eh... bad. Of course you still have to hold the A button to move accellerate, it's still a racer.

Of course snaking requires skill, otherwise everyone would be able to do it, and everyone would be good at it. In fact, PRB snaking in MKDS requires even more skill.
Magewout is offline   Reply With Quote