View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 07:09 PM   #17
WillTalbot
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to WillTalbot Send a message via MSN to WillTalbot Send a message via Yahoo to WillTalbot
Default Re: Love, what is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zythus View Post
Thats an interesting aspect Will, but aside from the whole idea of religion, which is irrelevant, your deposession would be considered devotion? Seeing how if the mutuality of the relationship was accepted, sure, just maybe. However, I would interject that possessive and ego is a characteristic of love, if thats what you mean by tag. I have yet to see purity in love because its immensely political.

As one? do care to explain. How do they feel? How do they justify this purity by being as one?
While religion may be irrelivant it may also influence the truth so it should be taken into consideration. Since it can neither be proven false nor true, it should be stated as possible which I am mearly doing. I don't quite understand what you mean by "your deposession would be considered devotion?" but i think that you mean that by breaking away from all that is but yourself that is considered devotion to your own breaking away ... once again correct me if I'm wrong. But if that is what you mean then don't you think its possible that you can be without any influence, just completely in oneself without trying? For example, does a baby who is born, with no understand of anything in the world "try" to become free of what we consider bad or good or ... whatever ... bottom line is that it just doesn't try. And an important aspect to remember is that the thought of becoming pure is not even in its sub conscious! So technically purity could be without knoldge ... actually i just thought about that but i guess thats a seperate topic.

I'm also not quite sure what you mean by "I have yet to see purity in love because its immensely political." but I'm assuming that you mean that love is so variable with so many interpretations that it would be difficult to find pure love? and even that in itself is variable. lol i'd love to discuss this with you as i too have alot of unanswered questions that i want clarified but i think we both could use a little more clarification.

Well those last questions you asked in your statement are very deep in philisophy atleast to my belief and alot of this is opinion based because if anything were proven to be true, there would nothing to be debated about ... except its being proven true be proven true ... ugh confusing. But ANYWAY I believe that EVERYTHING in nature is one because we are all composed of the same atomic unit, which are atoms! But not only in that are we similar but in spirituality. As for how they feel ... I'm not quite sure since i haven't experienced this for myself but i would presume they would feel EXTREMELY happy, or just not feel at all. And the last statement is easy to dispute because what i'm about to tell you might make the most sense out of what im saying, when we are brought into this world we are ourselves and purely that, as we gain knoledge and understanding we start to drift apart from ourselves, but not in all cases. Anyway, in relation to this topic i believe a pure relationship if composed of two pure people, they don't justify that they are pure, that would be considered using the ego, they just are like the clouds and animals, they just are. Without knowing. I know it is SO HARD to imagine something like this being possible because of our society's influence on our minds but you can't say that it is not possible because you can't prove its not, and if so please do ^_^

I remember this statement from a modern day philosopher known as Michael Tsarion that sort of opened my eyes a bit. And this is not an exact quote but a dog does not see a human for what the humans see themselves as, the dog sees the human for what it purely is, while you can't really prove it, as you can't really prove much it is something i believe because dogs don't have the capacity to logically think things out, so according to my believe they are pure because of that.
WillTalbot is offline   Reply With Quote