View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 07:54 PM   #6
FrenzyMidget
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FrenzyMidget Send a message via MSN to FrenzyMidget
Default Re: xX's FFR tournament of funs.....

Well I won't join but I'll give you a few tips to make this a little better.

1 - Since its your first tourney you shouldn't make this a speed tournament let alone three hours. Make this a rounds tourney that give everyone about 4 to 7 days to submit a score(5 is ideal in my opinion). This will gather more participants definitely.

2 - DO NOT...no... NEVER show the song they must play before the tournament starts. I for one wouldn't join because I can't FC vertex beta so why should I join ? Players shouldn't know what song they need to play until the very start of the round since some may hate the songs you chose and won't feel the need to even try. This also makes people whore the song they need to play in advanced and you don't want that.

3 - Explain each division more specifically.. Simply easy medium and hard doesn't tell us how you see these categories. Let people know what song difficulty ranges each divisions require.

4 - Read the tournament stickies, and if you did, read them again to avoid some of my above arguments.

Once you've done all that and made your first post more properly more people will be interested in joining, definitely. You could even look around at other successful tournaments and see how they did it to give you a better idea.

Last edited by FrenzyMidget; 02-23-2008 at 07:58 PM..