View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 07:01 PM   #13
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Acceptable Suicide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emo_Saur_ View Post
Wow, that was a very well thought out response, in the same ways I agree with you Bynary.

You are a man of many words, you must be very respected.
Most of my posts are ignored, actually. But I thank you for reading what I have to say and reflecting upon it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilroy_x View Post
Suicide is always acceptable. It's a personal decision that doesn't particularly effect anyone else.

"But Kilroy! It effects loved ones by making them sad!"

It's not the responsibility of any one party to predict the feelings of others. Furthermore, shouldn't they be presumed to have control over them? If a families sadness is a deterministic effect of someones suicide, then plausibly suicide is a deterministic effect of something else. So you either have a crime without a victim or a crime without a criminal. Take your pick you worthless liberal scum.
Excuse me, just because we have different opinions than you doesn't make us "worthless liberal scum". That is a stupid, ignorant statement. After all, if we didn't agree with you, could we say you were a right-wing extremist zealot if you had conservative views we didn't agree with? I think not.

And I disagree with your statement. Suicide does affect other people. If you killed yourself, would your family and friends be indifferent to your death? Would people take it the same way if their favorite TV show got canceled? No. Suicide leaves deep scars in those who love you and embrace you. They would wonder where they went wrong, why you killed yourself, and wonder if it was somehow their fault. It is a person's choice, yes. But that doesn't mean it is without consequence. If you steal, is it your choice? Yes. But does that mean it affects nobody around you, and you don't have to live with your consequences? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicninja View Post
I think suicide is justifiable as long as the problem that's making them want to do it isnt temporery and cant be solved, killing yourself because your girlfriend broke up with you is rediculous. while killing youself because you are very obviously psyically deformed, have been bullied all of your life and suffer from chronic depression seems reasonable. If a person really want's to kill themselves though you kind of have to wonder how bad things are for them at that point and if they'll get that bad again.

I thought that i'd felt suicidal a few times but looking back i wouldnt have gone through with it. I find it hard to understand whats going through peoples heads and how much pain they would be in if they could do it. Although sometimes people attempt suicide as a cry for help knowing that they probably wont die via the method that they used.
Now I agree more with that statement. When people kill themselves, it's usually for a good reason, at least to themselves. But even if you were depressed and bullied all your life, you still should not commit suicide. This is because even those around you would be deeply affected and hurt.

I have Asperger's syndrome., I have been teased and ridiculed all my life, and I was depressed for a long time. But, guess what. My parents showed no form of emotion, and just told me to "get over it". I suffered from anxiety a lot, and the worst part is, my parents expect me to act normal, as if I didn't have the condition. You don't understand what that feels like. Only recently was I able to get past the depression and anxiety, but without notice. I thought about suicide, but I never did it. Because I knew that while things were real bad for me, it would scar and hurt those around me so much.

Somebody who commits suicide is so selfish that they didn't care who they hurt. They only wanted to do what they want without caring about those who were affected by their decision. That's why in 99.5% of cases, I look down upon suicide. I mentioned two exceptions earlier in the post I made previously. Religious or ritualistic suicide, and wanting to die under being tortured in some way. So really, when suicide is acceptable can vary from person to person, culture to culture. To me, with the two aforementioned exceptions, I look down upon suicide greatly. There is always something to live for, that should never be a reason to kill yourself.

~Bynary Fission

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote