View Single Post
Old 10-3-2007, 02:27 PM   #68
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: is the esrb doing a good job

Quote:
The ESRB is a thorn in the side of capitalism and free market
\

Your kidding right? almost every shop down here will sell you any game without an ID.

Quote:
If a child wants an M rated game, they're going to do anything in their power to get it. The obvious method is to get parental consent and have their parents buy it for them. I hope my generation does not have this problem. Children are going to grow into adults and will learn all the bad words and such anyway, so why make such a big fuss about "violence in videogames" corrupting their minds?
Here's the reasoning:

Start off with good, ripe apple, it gets old and rots but it takes a long time and last alot longer
or
Start with rotting apple, it gets worse and worse...

If a 4 year old thinks that the F word is ok in your normal "How's the weather" talks, at age 30 how will he act?

Quote:
I learned at an early age that some individuals are just more mature than others, and I was one of them
No, you learned that you could stand blood, gore, swearing, so on at an early age. I dont call being able to "stand it" being "mature"

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote