View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 12:48 PM   #96
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Taking over Anywhere.FM

mead, A good way to monitor songs as they're being uploaded is to upload them while watching your "Recently Added" playlist. I find when I do this, songs appear right away. If a long period of time goes without songs appearing, I usually find logging out and logging back in makes them show up, if it's been a reasonable amount of time.

windsurfer, the best way to check is to browse your music with windows explorer and view it's properties (advanced properties). Whatever is in there is the ID3v1 tag.

Note that mp3s nowadays can have an ID3v1 tag (at the end of the file) and an ID3v2 tag (at the beginning of the file, with support for pictures etc.)

iTunes only writes ID3v2 tags to the files, but anywhere.FM reads from the ID3v1 tag.

you can read more about that issue here:
http://akil.textdriven.com/posts/itu...ag-management/

Basically, what you need to do is download that software I talked about in my "Tips" post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by "alainbryden in post 3" View Post
Is your music painfully disorganized? I'm retentive about organizing my music. I found a free tool that's really useful and saves me a lot of work. http://jj.consti.de/jjsoftware/uk/mp3renamer.html
If a) You usually name your songs properly on your computer, but the ID3 tags are messed up or non-existent for the most part, or
b) You usually name your ID3 tags perfectly in iTunes or Windows Media Player, but browsing for songs on your computer is impossibly frustrating because they have ridiculous file names.
You can use this tool go through a pile of mp3s and either rename the file based on the ID3 tag or write the ID3 tag based on the information in the file name.
This tool has the ability to take information in the ID3v2 tag and write it to the ID3v1 tag.

Happy Days!

Edit: I've added a new section to the "Tips" Post for this:
Quote:
Does your music appear with wrong Tag information in Anywhere.FM, or your car's MP3 player, even though you've written all the correct tag information using iTunes or Windows Media Player? The reason is that there are two ID3 tags in mp3 files, v1 and v2. v1 is simpler, limited, and used by most basic programs and software. iTunes and WMP both write to ID3v2 tags, and fail to synchronize the ID3v1 tags with matching information. You use the above tool to write your ID3v2 tag information to your ID3v1 tags on your mp3 files, so that this confusion no longer occurs.

Last edited by alainbryden; 08-24-2007 at 01:01 PM..
alainbryden is offline   Reply With Quote