View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 11:12 PM   #9
MarisaKirisame
FFR Player

Default Re: computer problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippin667 View Post
My computer beeps whenever im on the internet, it doesnt come from my speakers either. Can somone help me???
Try to figure out what's making it beep. Restart your comp. If it beeps while starting up, then this will be easy. If it beeps while starting up, unplug everything one at a time while still keeping the power plug plugged in(like your keyboard, then your mouse, etc.) until it stops beeping. Whatever you unplugged last is what caused it to beep if it does this. It has done this for me before, so yeah.

In fact, if it's still beeping right now, try unplugging stuff before restarting. It might be able to fix itself by simply unplugging and plugging stuff back in.

Like, you know, mess with your plugs. Some people plug an iPod thing in the back of their comp, everyone plugs in a monitor, etc. That kinda stuff.

If it ONLY beeps when you're on the internet, it's probably your modem or router. Unplug everything and plug them back in. This includes pulling the plug from the wall on your router if you use one.

If that doesn't help, well, you might wanna run a virus scan to make sure everything's okay. It shouldn't be beeping constantly after it has started up.