View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 11:06 AM   #470
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222
Default Re: The PS3 Is Here.

I agree with you Squeek, there is no reason to buy a PS3 now. In the future though, I will most definitely be getting one. Rock band and Guitar Hero 3, even though I could play them on the 250 dollar core 360, I will be getting them for the PS3, since both of my gaming friends have the PS3. Next, there is Socom:Confrontation, and Socom 4. Now, these are personal preferences of mine. Not really FPS's I suppose, but then again I'm terrible at FPS's on the computer and much better on console ones. I whored the hell out of Socom 2 on the PS2, and the next installments in the franchise will be PS3 exclusive.

Finally, PS3 is a must buy for me mainly because of it's potential. It has the hardware superiority and possibilities to make absolutely stunning and amazing games, given the right developers receive the right inspiration. People seem to think Sony and it's 3rd party developers are infinitely inferior to the game making prowless that is Nintendo; this is a terrible generalization. Sony is just as capable of making a "fun" game as Nintendo. Perhaps not as unique, considering the Wii's capability, but I feel that Sony will invest enough effort into their game making abilities (figuring that they hope they will make up for profit losses with the recent price drop in game and accessory sales) by making better games and by making more games. I know I shouldn't buy something on hope and the possibility for greatness, but I feel that there is already enough projected for me to invest in it, and the future prospects of amazing games is enough to keep me satisfied.

PS: I'm still keeping my Wii for Nintendo's games though
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote