View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 12:04 AM   #11
Kilroy_x
Little Chief Hare
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Kilroy_x
Default Re: NASA, do we really need it?

Well the truth of the matter is, I can think of ideal solutions, I just can't see them working. Like every time I think of the logic behind Praexological economics, I remember that it wouldn't be being advocated if the state of the world didn't have dramatic tendencies to move away from the proposed systems.

So suppose that the logical optimum is momentarily attained? But if it is not considered optimal by someone then that someone might introduce their own transgressions into the system.

To which I think "There is no accounting for irrational behavior, and there is no responsibility for the conscious decisions of others made against reason", but we live in an age where one person could kill one million. Of course, the most optimal system would still conceivably (definitionally?) most mitigate this chance, but then the question is whether a disposition towards suboptimal social behavior is tied to any particular form of irrationality.

I guess the main question in my mind now is, could there possibly be a good reason why the psychopaths are the ones who run the world? I don't know what specifically that has to do with NASA, but I have a tendency to come back to it whenever I am presented with economic problems.
Kilroy_x is offline   Reply With Quote