View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 09:37 PM   #127
slipstrike0159
FFR Player

Location: In the shadows behind you with my assassin's blade waiting to strike
Send a message via MSN to slipstrike0159
Default Re: Rap Music Bad Influence On Kids?

Oh goodness... here too Sh4d0wRe4p3r666? Every place i go i find you posting nonsense. Although logical thought may be low on everyones priority list in the other parts of the forum it is ranked really high here. P.S. - Yes, everyone knows you love metal and take pride in saying you are a metal head, now stop.

Back on subject, IMO i think the rap genre has sort of leveled off as far as the explicit lyrics go. As far as i'm aware, the lyrics are about as worse as they can get and i think that eventually the intensity will decrease because the explicit lyrics will become redundant. However, not all rap music has horrible lyrics promoting otherwise illegal activities (as i am sure has already been mentioned.) Once the industry realizes that more profit is to be made with a simple change in morals, they will tone it down a bit.

As far as influence on children i think it doesnt make TOO MUCH of a difference anymore. Like i said, IMO things have gotten as worse as they can get and regardless of whether or not the genre of rap reigns supreme, children will still be exposed to the same type of messages one way or the other in this modern world. Of course, most rap doesnt help this problem.

It really just saddens me to see how a new modern style of singing has turned into a horrible expression of words. People like Mike Shanoda (while not the best rapper) should be praised for trying to give more meaningful messages through song.

slipstrike0159 is offline   Reply With Quote