Old 05-7-2007, 09:40 PM   #146
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: Spider-Man 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
Well, the studios have confimed not one, not two, but three additional Spiderman movies. They have yet to confirm Sam Raimi or Tobey Maguire - here's hoping they DON'T give the franchise to Schumacher... Look at what he did to Batman.
They're not seriously thinking of doing that, are they?

You know, I was thinking about it, and I was a bit surprised that Kevin Smith didn't get involved in the Spider-man movies. In hindsight, I would have expected him to direct if I had really thought about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
Oded Fehr was contacted (he was in The Mummy and Resident Evil: Apocalypse) to play Kraven the Hunter, but they didn't use him for the 3rd film. If they did a fourth, there's a good chance it would involve him.
Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo***

Oh, and regarding differences between costumes:

Spider-man suit: In the comic, it's the same as the Venom suit minus crazy mouth and eyes. In the movies, it is identical to the regular red suit, with a slightly changed spider symbol. As for Venom, he is RELATIVELY accurate. The spider on his chest is correct, although it is not the right color. The eyes and mouth are quite accurate. The only things which are noticeably changed are: lack of white patches on the backside of hand (Spider-man doesn't need the suit to produce webbing so those patches wouldn't make sense), and an added design which is similar to the raised webbing on Spider-man's costume. Also, I suppose it's worth mentioning that Venom's web is black, but given the fact that the black suit doesn't produce webbing for Spider-man, it sort of makes sense when it has to improvise when it moves to Brock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by some black guy
Venom is the MAIN REASON people want to come out and see Spiderman 3. He is probably the most well known of Spiderman's enemies and one of the most exciting. Venom is to Spiderman what Joker is to Batman.
No. Just because something is the main reason a person goes to see a movie doesn't mean that it has to be prominent in the film. He is NOT one of the most well known of Spider-man's enemies. The only people who know who Venom is are people who watched the 90s cartoon show and people who are/were into the comics. One of the most exciting, maybe, but I'd say that Carnage is more impressive in reality, due to his 100% homicidal insanity. And finally, Venom is not to Spider-man what Joker is to Batman. The Green Goblin is to Spider-man as the Joker is to Batman. Do some research and you'll find I'm right.