View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 11:56 AM   #1555
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164
Default Re: The Wii is Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndthatsme View Post
So supposably, according to what I read in GameInformer, Nintendo is restricting companies from adding online functioinality to there Wii games until after 2007. So as of now there is only one title announced, which is Pokemon Battle Revolution.

Any ideas why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Because people like spreading lies.

Elebits has had online capabilities since its release. Metroid Prime and Brawl are confirmed to have online interaction and they are coming out this year.
For one, the announcement was for online multiplayer, not online functionality. And that is true. No direct multiplayer peer connections.

I can't believe you missed what he was saying with your post, Squeek. Metroid Prime and Brawl are both Nintendo games. First and second party titles. Nintendo hasn't provided the tools to create online multiplayers to third party developers yet, or if they have, it's been very recently.

Though I have no idea why it is, I would guess that the reason is so Gamespy can prepare their servers for the massive load that they're going to undertake when multiplayer games are released. Remember that Gamespy is handling the tracking and service for online multiplayer and statistics, and that the Wii greatly oversold Nintendo's expectations. I'd rather have late stable multiplayer than shotty multiplayer with dropped games and poor bookkeeping. Nintendo had trouble with that when they launched WFC for DS.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
nforcer06164 is offline   Reply With Quote